Rufepa TECNOAGRO built a 12000 square meter greenhouse facility in collaboration with Hoogendoorn Growth Management. This smart facility is built in Sharjah, UAE on behalf of the ruler Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi.
The greenhouse facility was inaugurated by Antibuo Leungo, the Minister of Agriculture of Murcia, Spain. Two representatives of Hoogendoorn Growth Management had witnessed the growth of the first tomato plant in the greenhouse. They closely observed how our computer management system is revolutionising the plants’ growth.
What makes this Greenhouse stand out?
Here’s the structure of the greenhouse that makes it exceptional:
- A cellular poly-carbonate roof that features two different cultivation areas
- A mesh-covered corridor separates these two cultivation areas. It captures the air and keeps the system cool.
- A service area to support the tubular equipment. This service area also plays the role to support the sandwich panel roof.
- A sensor containing an aspirator box. This box contains temperature, humidity, and weather sensors. Thus, a greenhouse can measure the humidity, temperature, the intensity of radiations, and direction and speed of the wind. Most importantly, it’s also easy to control the climate inside the Greenhouse. All this is possible only with the process computer.
Aim of the project
This mega greenhouse project aims at
- Producing premium quality agricultural products
- Creating Agricultural communities
- Creating developmental communities
- Dealing with agricultural challenges related to see variety and water scarcity
Significance of the project
This project is significant in making revolutionising the agricultural products by
- Offering a suitable growth environment to plants.
- Protecting plants from pests
- Protecting crops from sudden weather changes
- Helping in the production of off season vegetables and crops
- Increasing the yield of agricultural products